Moment Redistribution Coefficient
Project Tutorial Design Codes Reinforced Concrete Deflection ACI MIDAS nGEN moment redistribution Flexural Resistance continuous beam
News & Trends Reinforced Concrete ACI updated code ACI318-19 ULS Design
The new ACI318 Code, ACI318-19 is similar with the previous code, ACI318-14 in the basic approach. but in the current documents, there are a number of significant differences.
Through this brief document, you can discover the differences between the two codes, and understand their factors and design concepts.
In this document, the comparison between ACI 318-19 and ACI318-14 Code has 8 classified sections.
1. New rebar material,
2. Minimum reinforcement provisions
3. New reinforcement strain limit
4. Significant updates to shear provisions
5. Hanger reinforcement provisions
6. New equation for Ie
7. Modification of development length provisions
8. Modification of earthquake-resistance provisions.
Also, the specific standards are based on the ACI318M-19 and ACI318M-14 as SI Units for US Codes.